April 23, 2013 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
6425 Penn Avenue
This unique workshop is divided into two halves. Join us at Google Pittsburgh, April 23rd at 10:30 am to learn more about Social Media Security and Advanced Techniques.
The first discussion group will be attending a workshop on “Social Media Security For Nonprofits:How to protect private information in a public world” by Craig Grella of OrgSpring.
The following topics, as they relate the the 3 major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+), will be discussed:
- Facebook security and privacy settings
- Twitter security and privacy settings
- Google + security and privacy settings
- Keeping organizational information private
- Keeping employee information private
- How to find a list of applications which can access your information
- Individual, private, and public sharing options on each social media network
- Social media policies for nonprofits
When finished, you’ll have a thorough understanding of your privacy and security options on each social media network, and a guide for creating your own social media policy for your organization as a guideline for employee usage.
The second dicsussion group will be learning and discussing advanced user techniques for all major social media platforms.
These user techniques will include:
- Customizing dashboards, feeds
- Creating multiple users
- Tagging, Hashtagging, RTs and @replies
- Integration across Social Media channels
- Impactful Visuals
- Q&A, Hands-on learning
Upon completion, you will have the tools and a suggested roadmap for building your audience with these techniques.
Registration for this workshop is only available for the staff of Pittsburgh nonprofit organizations. This workshop series is hosted by Google Pittsburgh and HandsOn Tech Pittsburgh.